Welcome to the Sunset League! This league is designed for ladies who are unable to play golf earlier in the day. No handicap is required; however, some golf experience and knowledge of rules and etiquette is necessary. This league is NOT for beginning golfers.
We will be playing at Lighthouse Sound Golf Course. We are encouraging you to establish your handicap throughout the season or if you have your handicap established already, work on improving your game and lowering your handicap. We will play 9 holes every Tuesday with a shotgun start at 5:15 p.m. Weekly cost is $30 (this price is only for this league). We will tee off according to your skill level; this will help keep the pace of play on the golf course. The more experienced golfers will tee off first to lead the pace on the golf course. EWGA league play this season is $35.00 for one league and includes our End of Season Celebration. There is $10.00 fee for each additional league that you join. You may join as many leagues as you wish as long as you meet their requirements. The End of Season Celebration is scheduled for September 6, 2018.
Our first play date is Tuesday, May 29th, and we will play every Tuesday through September 4, 2018. There will be a meeting at 5:00 p.m. on the first day for review of rules and regulations for all league members and we will golf immediately after.
You should be at your cart 15 minutes PRIOR to your tee time each week. The Sunset League competition/end of the season prize will be awarded to Most Improved player. Eligibility for the prize is 50% attendance during the official season that runs between June 1-Aug. 31, 2018.
You need to remember to enter your scores into the EWGA Handicap program on the EWGA website after EVERY game you play, or whatever system you currently use to maintain your handicap.
Guest Policy: you are allowed to bring a guest, but are limited to two times only for that person during the season.
Information to Remember:
• Every Wednesday you will receive an Evite regarding details of league play for the following week. PLEASE RSVP either YES or NO by Saturday at 2:00 p.m. Do not respond “MAYBE.” This will be considered a “NO.”
- For those interested, we will enjoy a cocktail and/or light fare immediately following our 9-hole play in Lighthouse Sound restaurant/lounge.
- Please contact Beth O’Malley in advance if you have to cancel. It is time consuming to put the foursomes together and we would appreciate your cooperation on this. If you do not abide by the cancellation policy, you will be issued a warning. On the 3rd occurrence, you will be removed from the league.
- Rain: In case of light rain, we will golf. If there is lightning and/or heavy downpour, golf will be canceled. If in doubt, call the golf course 410-641-1189. A decision to cancel will be made by 2:00 p.m. on the day of golf.
Golf Etiquette and Rules for Pace of Play:
- Park the cart toward the back of the green;
- Play ready golf;
- Record your score at the next hole;
- Don’t talk when you or someone else is hitting;
- Carry the clubs you’ll most likely use when approaching your ball;
- Pick up your ball after you have reached your maximum strokes (Equitable), so we can keep the pace of play moving;
- Hit as soon as the group in front of you is out of range;
- Drop your cart partner off at her ball or park between each played ball;
- Hit a provisional ball whenever you think your ball may have gone out of bounds.
We look forward to a great golf season. Feel free to call us with any question you might have. And always check the EWGA website: www.ewgaeasternshore.com or the e-Newsletter for all golf events and other activities.